Upon arrival to the
Breakfast at hotel. A 10 minute drive will bring you to Nyee pagoda where your trekking guide is waiting for you. After approximately one and a half hours hiking through tea- and cheroot leaf plantations you will reach Ohn Pin village. Have a look around the Palaung village and visit the beautiful monastery. Continue walking for another one and a half hour through beautiful landscapes and small villages to view point and have your lunch at a small local restaurant. After having lunch, continue walking for about one hour to Tar Yaw, Palaung hill tribe village. The animist Palaung Tribe was amongst the earliest inhabitants in Myanmar and has kept to their tradition living with several families in 'long-houses', cultivating cash crops and tanapet for Burmese cheroot cigars. Next we trek back to Kalaw.
After breakfast, we embark on a morning walk to the KALAW MARKET, where ethnic minority groups gather for trading. We join in the ubiquitous tea culture of the Myanmar people at a local tea shop, where we sample local pastry delicacies and have choice of three types of sweet milk teas. We visit the MYIN MA HTI LIMESTONE CAVE, which houses various holy shrines and Buddha images. The drive to Inle Lake gives us 2 leisurely hours to observe the countryside. After checking into the hotel, we embark on afternoon explorations of INLE LAKE, populated with floating islands and gardens made from the naturally tangled roots of water hyacinth plants and reeds. Delight in the picturesque sights of fishermen who balance and row with one leg, a technique indigenous to the Inn Thar minority group who do this only on Inle Lake., we boat to the lake and visit PHAUNGDAW OO PAGODA, the home of some of the country’s most sacred Buddha statues covered in gold leaf by devout followers. Then transfer back to NyaungShwe. Meals included:
After breakfast, visit the RED MOUNTAIN ESTATE to tour of the lush vineyard situated on the side of mountain, taste some of Myanmar’s premiere wines, and observe the different aging methods completed in their cellar cave.And visit a leisurely stroll to Magyisin village and neighboring villages to observe local village life. Alternatively, we can make arrangements for a visit to NyaungShwe town to explore the quaint town or shop for local handicrafts. In the afternoon, we transfer to the Heho Airport for the next connecting flight to Mandalay. Upon arrival, transfer directly to your hotel. Meals included:
After breakfast, free at leisure until transfer to Mandalay airport for your international departure flight. Meals included:
|City||3 Star||4 Star||5 Star|
INCLUDED IN TRIP COSTING
· Private tours and transfers with air conditioned vehicles as specified in our itinerary.
· 2 bottles of water & 2 refreshing towels per passenger per day
· All entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
· English speaking local guides (other language guides available with additional cost)
· Lodging with breakfast as specified in the itinerary
· Breakfast only for the whole trip
· Luggage handling fees at airports
NOT INCLUDED IN TRIP COSTING
· Myanmar visa. We can arrange VOA (visa on arrival) permit at cost of 20 USD per person. Minimum 4 weeks processing time is required.
· Water festival period (13 – 17 April 2015)
· International air fares or domestic air fares (always mentioned separately)
· Meals or any other item not described in the itinerary
· Early check-in, late check-out. Normal check out time from hotels in Myanmar is 11am or 12 o’clock noon
· Expenses of personal nature
· Drinks during meals, hotel extras and personal spending
. Travel insurance &Tips& gratuities
This tour is available from October to May. Travelling in Myanmar is essentially adventure travel. Road conditions vary greatly, communication, electricity supply and standard of lodging and local services are often not up to western standards. Travel times and schedules are subject to changes without prior notice. Expeditions Myanmar reserves the right to amend touring schedules and itinerary if needed before and while on tour.
Due to high demand and small number of rooms many of the hotels in Myanmar require up to 50% non-refundable deposit to guarantee reservations. Our staff will advise the required amount on case by case basis to guarantee your booking.
Pine Breeze Hotel (Kalaw)
Paradise – NyaungShwe (1st May 2013 ~ 30th April 2014)
1. 30 - 15 days prior to arrival: 50% of each cancelled room/night.
2. Less than 14 days prior to arrival: 100% of each cancelled room/night.
Mandalay City Hotel (1st May 2013 ~ 28th February 2014)
1. More than 46 Days prior to confirmed arrival: No charge.
2. 45 – 36 Days prior to confirmed arrival date : 50% of total confirmed room charges.
3. 35 – 16 Days prior to confirmed arrival date : 75% of total confirmed room charges.
4. 16 or less Days prior to confirmed arrival date : 100% of total confirmed room charges.
Book similar things to do:
Taste of Myanmar (8D/ 7N)